In this digital age, using technology for your marketing isn't just an advantage; it's a necessity. If you want to generate more leads or increase your sales, you have to be tech-savvy. Unfortunately, it may be confusing and tedious to set up a website from scratch, even if you hire a programmer to do it for you. This is the purpose of website funnels.
In this episode, Kyle Graham talks about his experiences as an entrepreneur. He shares his insights about the difficulties of starting a business and his journey to success. He emphasizes that prioritization is critical, and there are quicker ways to deal with technology than people realize.
Tune in to this episode and learn more about marketing software and website funnels.
About Our Guest:
Kyle Graham is a technology entrepreneur and engineer. He is the CEO of Ambid Technologies and creator of 10 Minute Funnels, a drag-and-drop, website funnel-building platform. His company has serviced over 30,000 subscribers and built 200,000 websites.
How to Funnel Your Marketing Success
- He started to do programming at the age of eight.
- His father was an engineering professor and started his own company.
- His family always had an entrepreneurial side.
- Before he was even old enough to work, he was able to do freelance programming work.
- He earned thousands from designing websites in high school.
- He found a sales training franchise and worked on finishing his degree.
False Expectations of Entrepreneurs from Funnels
- All entrepreneurs have some distorted view of reality.
- Based on experience, entrepreneurs are visionaries who want to change the world.
- Business owners have a sense of delusion and beautiful insanity, but it benefits their unwavering optimism.
Learnings from His Failed Software
- His first try in starting a software, called Ambid Update, failed.
- It was challenging to generate traffic and conversions.
- Even if the software was similar to what he has now, it didn’t solve his customers’ problems.
- Marketing isn't just a good directory. It is providing a solution to a pain point that is huge for people.
- He realized that failure and evolutions are an everyday learning experience.
The 80/20 Rule of Funnels
- 80% of businesses fail within several years.
- It all boils down to prioritization and the tasks you really have to focus on.
- 80% of what you do is unnecessary, and 20% is where you can find success.
- You can “quantum leap” your sales by focusing on this 20%.
- 80% of your sales come from just 20% of your clients.
- You have to put systems in place, such as feedback mechanisms, to determine the 20% you should prioritize.
How to Apply the 80/20 Rule
- Every morning, create a focus map in which you can remind yourself of the 20% that you have to focus on.
- This eliminates unnecessary tasks and will let you get back on track when you get distracted.
- The first 20% of your day will determine the success of 80% of your day.
How Businesses Use Marketing Funnels
- Software such as 10 Minute Funnels are only tools and not magic solutions.
- These tools are only as effective as how they are utilized.
- For companies struggling with these funnels, they should go back to the 80/20 rule and determine what they should prioritize.
- Sometimes businesses get overwhelmed with ideas, which prevent them from succeeding.
The Theory of Constraints
- Identify the constraints that are holding you back from your success and then focus on just knocking those over.
- Once you fix the constraints, it will fall like dominoes, and you will make progress.
- People fail to realize that all problems are connected in some way.
- Your problem isn’t a chain but a tree. If you address the root, everything comes with it.
- Get your company to focus on the main constraint.
- We get so emotionally involved in our companies that it's hard to see the forest from the trees and get overwhelmed.
What Holds Entrepreneurs Back in Building Funnels
- The average entrepreneur or digital marketer is easily distracted by many things.
- People rationalize that what they’re doing is productive, even if it isn’t.
- Having lots of ideas and objectives can become self-destructive.
- Your ability to realize a goal is directly proportional to the number of goals you're pursuing.
- Most online entrepreneurs are overwhelmed.
The Difference Between Seven- & Eight-Figure Businesses
- Eight-figure businesses have figured out how to scale their businesses.
- Seven-figure businesses have simply started to figure out what works.
- If you eliminate the distractions and what doesn't work and focus on what does, your business will expand.
For more insights about marketing funnels, connect with Kyle through his LinkedIn profile.
- Do you already have a successful business, meaning you're up, running, and paying your bills with some profit left over?
- Are you interested in growing your business, automating/streamlining things, and staying one step ahead of your competition?
- Do you want to achieve your goals, get more things done in less time, and double your sales?
📨 If you can answer YES to all three questions, please reach out to me through Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daryl.urbanski, and describe your situation, goals, and the best time/way to contact you.