Copywriting is in every single touchpoint of your business. From communications to marketing, it tells a lot about your company and what you can do for a prospective client or customer. It is essential to know its fundamentals and how to tweak your copies to help your sales and revenue soar. Compelling copies can also help you reach a lot of people who can benefit from the products and services you offer.
In this episode, Otto Ruebsamen shares his journey as a copywriter. He talks about the essential principles behind copywriting and how it can aid your business in bringing revenue to your door. He also discusses some tips on getting to know your market, particularly about what they want and how you can meet their expectations. Join us and discover the power of copywriting as a marketing tool!
About Our Guest:
Otto Ruebsamen is the President of Global Investment Group, Inc. His expertise is in direct response copywriting and international finance. He is also the author of Slam It! How To Jump Sales and Slam Your Business Goals Now.
Copywriting for Increased Sales and Revenue
- When Otto was 19, he went to a business seminar and met a copywriting legend who shared his story of success that really inspired him.
- With that motivation, he dove into studying and learning about marketing.
The Importance of A Copy
- A copy is in everything you do in business.
- A salesperson who can bottle up their presentation and how they communicate into something that can reach a lot of people enables you to scale.
- Scaling can help you drive your revenue to a higher level because your copy and services will reach a wider audience.
Fundamentals of Copywriting
- You should have a great headline. Everyone reached by your content goes back to it.
- Testing is also important to determine which among your ads work the best.
- If you track all the way through any sale, it becomes clear what your market wants to buy.
Identifying What Your Market Wants to Buy
- You can learn a lot by going into the same market on Amazon. Look at the comments and questions from people in that marketplace
- You can also go through online forums to check the questions people ask. It will tell you about roughly 70% of that market, and most of them are newbies.
- Focus on the fears, problems, and frustrations and try to address them with your product.
- If you can describe their problem better than they can, then your market automatically attributes you to having a solution for it.
Milestones in Copywriting and Marketing
- He started to read all the books he can about marketing, particularly the classics. After some time, he had a better grasp of marketing strategies.
- It took him about seven years to really be able to write a compelling copy.
- He read a lot of successful ads and wrote them down. It is not an easy process, but you will learn a lot from experience.
Copywriting for Clients
- It's helpful to understand your client’s voice.
- You need to figure out what the company wants based on correspondences like emails, but more importantly, their avatar.
Creating an Excellent Headline
- Check the National Enquirer for great headlines.
- You may also use Google Search—type “100 greatest headlines ever written.” You will get a list of 100 headlines, and you can notice a certain formula if you analyze them.
Common Mistakes in Copywriting
- Most people in business lose their focus. They try to do a lot of stuff at the same time.
- It is vital to bring in revenue and increase sales. Hence, copywriting needs your complete attention.
- If you are always overwhelmed, you cannot get your systems up.
Great Habits for Success
- Converse with and learn from other marketers.
- Ask your market relevant questions and spend time with them.
For more insights about marketing and copywriting, connect with Otto through his email.
- Do you already have a successful business, meaning you're up, running, and paying your bills with some profit left over?
- Are you interested in growing your business, automating/streamlining things, and staying one step ahead of your competition?
- Do you want to achieve your goals, get more things done in less time, and double your sales?
📨 If you can answer YES to all three questions, please reach out to me through Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daryl.urbanski, and describe your situation, goals, and the best time/way to contact you.