No man is an island. This is especially true if you are trying to earn money through marketing or find a romantic partner in the dating scene. Fundamentally, marketing and dating are all about building relationships with others, and we all know they are not easy. In the digital age, it may be even trickier to establish these relationships online.
In this episode, Jose Louie Lopez Velarde Gonzalez shares his insights on building relationships in both the online marketing world and the dating world. He talks about his personal experience as an online entrepreneur and his struggles in connecting with clients on the Internet. He also puts emphasis on the idea that caring for another person, whether a client or a partner, will ultimately be what you need to build a relationship.
Join us to learn about building the relationships you need in your life!
About Our Guest:
Jose Louie Lopez Velarde Gonzalez is an expert in relationship advice and personal growth. He is a humanist psychologist with expertise in NLP and clinical sexology. He has also written a book on relationship advice for women, which has sold copies in over 76 countries. As an online marketer, he has connected with more than 10 million lives with his videos, articles and online courses.
Building Relationships Online and Offline
- His grandfather built a business in Mexico but eventually sold it.
- He grew up with money and liquidity but never saw the actual business.
- His father and uncles enjoyed the wealth, but they never learned how to make it and had financial troubles afterwards.
- He realized at a young age that success is possible, but you can also lose everything.
- He used to work in a call center of a billing department and saw the unfortunate financial situations of others.
Internet Marketing Experience
- He started in multi-level Marketing but saw that there should be a better way of doing it.
- He learned Internet marketing through mentors and courses.
- His first venture is selling websites.
- There are specific markets that you just don't join because the competition is just too overwhelming.
Relationship Advice for Women
- As a psychologist, he realized he can help more women with relationships and dating than men.
- He first started by identifying what women believe they need.
- Women’s needs are sometimes different from what they want.
Most Valuable Insights in Building Business Relationships
- Start sooner than later because you only need to be one step ahead.
- You can learn a lot from experience, even without formal training.
- Realize that there are a lot of people smarter than you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help and partner with people.
- It is difficult to ask people to do something out of their personality.
- You have to hire the right people for the right roles.
How to Develop Relationships Online
- The core idea is that you have to care about them and their life.
- Don’t sell anything until you have actually established rapport.
- Producing a lot of free content is the way to connect with a lot of people.
- The problem isn’t that they don’t believe in you. It’s that they don’t believe in themselves and their ability to change.
Common Mistakes of Online Entrepreneurs
- A lot of online entrepreneurs over-promise to their clients.
- Some people try to teach and preach without living that life themselves.
- It is better to under-promise and over-deliver.
- The one-time sale doesn’t matter. Think of the long-term lifetime value of a customer.
- Dating and marketing are the same. It’s all about timing.
Balancing Free Content and Sales
- Free content may be available, but buying it will save you time as it will be organized.
- Purchasing content will give you even more insight.
- Make every part of your content valuable.
- Don’t reveal everything in all of your free content.
- Give incrementally and then make them want to go through the rest of your course.
Personal Habits and Tips for Successful Relationships
- Never stop learning new things.
- Use all the time in between what you do.
- Always ask yourself if there is a faster, better and more efficient way to do things.
- Ask for collaboration with people who are smarter and better than you in the field.
- Have emotionally stable relationships that support you.
- Put things in balance.
- It’s better to fix your relationship than throw it all away and start from scratch. In the same way, don’t switch niches every time.
- Enjoy the ride!
For more insights about online marketing and relationship advice, connect with Jose through LinkedIn.
- Do you already have a successful business, meaning you're up, running, and paying your bills with some profit left over?
- Are you interested in growing your business, automating/streamlining things, and staying one step ahead of your competition?
- Do you want to achieve your goals, get more things done in less time, and double your sales?
📨 If you can answer YES to all three questions, please reach out to me through Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daryl.urbanski, and describe your situation, goals, and the best time/way to contact you.