Every business needs a marketing plan. The question is: how are you going to make a bullseye marketing for your business? We are told to create a personalized experience for our customers and leads, but this can drain our resources and time. There has to be a better way to earn more money with less effort. Bull’s eye marketing is all about compressing your business into a single keyword. It involves building from that with the aid of a search engine optimization.
DOWNLOAD Hit Your Bull’s Eye Marketing
Joining us in this episode is Dr. Glenn Livingston. He’s here to talk about how you can gain advantage by knowing your market. You’ll learn how to craft your own bull’s eye marketing strategy to accelerate your business growth to greater heights.
Tune in to the podcast. Take action and create a marketing strategy that works!
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover the ways you can create your own bull’s eye marketing strategy for your marketing team.
- Learn the difference and benefits of hyper segmentation and hyper-responsive approaches to marketing.
- Understand the key mistakes people make in marketing or influencer marketing and how you can avoid them.
- The Discipline of Market Leaders by Michael Treacy
- Upgrade your social media management with Hootsuite!
- Glenn has also written several books on emotional eating. You can find his works here.
- Growth Acceleration Systems
How Dr. Glenn Began with Marketing
- Dr. Glenn trained as a psychologist. He got into marketing through his wife, a marketing professional.
- At first, Dr. Glenn went into marketing to educate people on the tools he learned from his psychology training.
- He eventually worked with his wife. He compliments her humanistic qualities with his scientific methodologies.
- Marketing should include both quantitative and qualitative research to succeed.
Market Funneling and Finding Your Bull’s Eye
- Intercept your target audience and ask them what they are looking for when they use specific keywords.
- You also have to know why they are looking for that information. Go into search advertising.
- A bullseye marketing framework is more than just giving people what they want.
- Some market gaps are discoverable only through understanding the motivations and stories of people. Incorporate this in your direct mail.
- Listen to the full episode to find out how Dr. Glenn intercepts audiences!
Hyper-segmentation vs. Hyper-responsive
- Dr. Glenn used to do marketing hypersegmentation right to create personalized marketing campaigns.
- However, he found that successful companies were making more money and used very few keyword groups.
- The bull’s eye hyper-responsive approach is about knowing how to compress your business into a single keyword.
- Find what people want your site to be about, and you’ll make it easier for people to find.
- Hyper segmentation is helpful as a multiplier, but you need to have a foundation first. Learn more about the two different approaches when you tune in to the full episode!
Strategizing Your Keywords Around the Bull’s Eye
- When taking a hyper responsive approach, you need to define a bull’s eye keyword and six concentric circles.
- These six circles are the keywords related to your bull’s eye keyword.
- With this system, you need to know your boundaries so you don’t go far from your business core.
- One way to find keywords is by looking at Amazon best-selling books. Try to understand the language in the reviews.
- Let your traffic grow organically first. Then you can start segmenting as you go along.
Listen to Conversations
- Keywords are essentially compressed conversations. You need to figure out what the original conversation is.
- There will always be positive and negative conversations with new customers. Listen to them both.
- Negative ones will represent buyer objections and not those of the non marketing executives.
- You can also use Twitter to understand the ongoing conversation around your business industry.
The Value of Market Research
- Market research is used to either generate or confirm business development hypotheses. It needs both quantitative and qualitative tests to be more helpful.
- You can listen to the market using your head (quantitative) and your heart (qualitative).
- Quantitative tests often just describe what’s happening. Qualitative research can help you understand the why.
- Combine several methods, and your sales team will get a better understanding of your market.
- Learn more about research methods that you can use to find your bull’s eye in the full episode!
Key Mistakes in Marketing
- The biggest mistake that businesses make is chasing traffic, diversifying, and aiming for efficiency. Generate leads first then delve into content marketing.
- What most existing businesses need is to improve their conversion.
- Don’t become too dependent on Google and Facebook. There are other ways to get traffic.
- Another common mistake is resource allocation and having too many projects running at the same time.
- Learn to focus not just on your efforts but also on your finances and existing customers.
Marketing Conversion and Matching
- Aside from copywriting, conversion is more about matching your offer to the right audience.
- One thing you can do is make a ridiculously valuable offer that a customer cannot walk away from.
- You need to invest in customer acquisition because if not, you’ll end up losing money in the long run.
- Learning about your customer’s lifetime value can help you know the numbers you can give away on the front end.
- Identify and strengthen your unique differentiator, such as good email marketing. Learn to market that.
Two Powerful Quotes
“There are all these methodologies and they all have their downfall. They all have their strong points and if you combine several of them, you'll get an actual accurate picture of the market.”
“What you want to do is try to engineer things so that you can afford to pay more to acquire a customer. And you want to be able to make valuable offers that people can't walk away from.”
Glenn Livingston, Ph.D. is a psychologist, consultant, and best-selling author. He was the former CEO of two marketing and advertising companies. Dr. Livingston’s coaching programs are often sold out and have a two-year waiting list with more than 100 people.
In partnership with Terry Dean, Dr. Glenn started the Strategic Growth Directors Program to help businesses and entrepreneurs over the world. They use a tried and tested turnkey system to create credibility, attract ideal clients, multiply profits, and let leaders live the life they desire.
You can find Dr. Glenn on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Enjoyed this Episode?
If you enjoyed the podcast, be sure to subscribe and share it with your friends!
Post a review and share it! If you enjoyed tuning in, then leave us a review. You can also share this with your family and friends.