There is strength in numbers. As an entrepreneur, you need a reliable team to accomplish your goals. If you want to achieve success, you need a group of people who can own your vision and help you achieve it. More than the complicated processes and technical requirements necessary for business, fundamental principles are just as equally important.
In this episode, Laura Posey shares her journey as an entrepreneur. She talks about her experiences and how she reached where she is today by building habits and keeping her strategic plan. She also gives an insightful discussion on the importance of discipline and focus in business and how it can aid success. Join us and learn more about enabling yourself and others to accomplish your business goals.
About Our Guest:
Laura Posey is a business coach and entrepreneur. She has helped several entrepreneurs build successful companies. She is also an internationally known speaker and has authored the books How To Plan Your Entire Year On One Sheet Of Paper and Six Secrets Of Sales Magnets. Laura also co-authored Mastering The Art Of Success with Jack Canfield. Her mission is to double the income of each of her clients while cutting their workweek in half.
Building Yourself and Your Team For Success
- Laura got her entrepreneurial qualities from her grandfather and mother.
- She started working for a restaurant chain after college and ran some of its branches.
- She ventured into sales by selling cars. Eventually, she was recruited into owning an insurance agency. And later, she explored sales management.
- After being dissatisfied with the limited commissions in the insurance agency. A friend reached out to her, and they started a business together.
Her Biggest Challenges
- It will come to a point where, as an entrepreneur, you will find yourself or your business in a startup mode or not making any progress.
- Staying focused was a big challenge for her. She constantly employed changes in her business before because of boredom and the need to experience something new.
- Entrepreneurs should focus more on building something big instead of just always going and doing the fun new thing.
The Power of Focus
- Entrepreneurs should focus all their energy in one direction to achieve more.
- Focus is about being intentional.
- Real successful people are intentional in where they put their resources. They spend money on things that matter.
- When you're focused on the long game and until you are successful, you will not regard momentary setbacks as failures. It becomes part of your learning.
Building a Team for Success
- First, figure out what they care about and how much they care.
- Tap on the things that motivate them, then help them see that just a few little changes would help them get that collectively.
- Be someone who would get rid of the obstacles along the way.
- Invest in people who care.
Sharing Your Ideas
- If you have an idea, share it with someone smart who can own your idea and accomplish great things.
- No matter how good an idea is, it’s never going to be great unless it gets some input from other people.
- Entrepreneurs wake up every day and run hard using fragmented energy.
- Focus on doing one thing well.
- It’s not about working hard, but it is about focused work.
- Pick up something and focus all your energy on it. Pick an outcome you really want and only do the things that work towards that outcome.
Write Down Your Plan
- You can jot it on your phone, in a journal, or a piece of paper.
- It is vital to write your strategic goal and refer to it from time to time.
- To complement your plan, write down habits that you know will lead to your success.
Nurturing Habits for Success
- Laura is journaling every single day. She writes about where she is now in her business and her motivations.
- Every morning, she reads any material that can teach her about herself or about relating to clients.
- She exercises and gets out to walk for 30 minutes.
- Laura also keeps a daily success checklist. She jots down the following: her vision for her plan, her four goals for the year, the five focus areas in her business, three critical tasks for the day, and the things she is grateful for each day.
Advice For Startups
- Franchises always work because they already have systems and processes.
- If you like to start a business, find a working business model and apply it to a different product.
- Incredibly successful people have built a community over time that aligns with their point of view
Marketing and Humanities
- Anthropologists in the field of marketing study to understand human beings and how they work in thinking, believing, and interacting.
- Marketing is also a psychology experiment, measuring the difference between what people say and what they do.
- Everything is an experiment. We need more data to learn about our methods and refine it as we go along.
For more insights about strategic planning and business success, connect with Laura through the Simple Success Plans website. You may also reach her through Facebook and Twitter.
- Do you already have a successful business, meaning you're up, running, and paying your bills with some profit left over?
- Are you interested in growing your business, automating/streamlining things, and staying one step ahead of your competition?
- Do you want to achieve your goals, get more things done in less time, and double your sales?
📨 If you can answer YES to all three questions, please reach out to me through Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daryl.urbanski, and describe your situation, goals, and the best time/way to contact you.