We know that running an executive business can be a challenge. But what if we told you that you can use science to make it easier? That's right, we're talking about harnessing the power of data and research.
In this episode, Brett Hall joins us. He’ll be sharing insider tips about the scientific method. Whether you're starting out or a seasoned pro, he will provide you with insights. So, let's get started and discover how science can help you succeed in business!
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover the latest data science for business.
- Learn from experts and successful entrepreneurs.
- Enhance your decision-making and problem-solving skills.
How Brett Hall Started
- It all started with a fascination for the prehistoric creatures. And with supportive parents, Brett explored astronomy.
- He was so determined to learn more about the universe and its mysteries. He went to university not just to get a degree, but to gain knowledge. His journey took him from planets to quantum theory.
- Brett uses his love for astronomy as a way to understand knowledge.
- He's on a quest to uncover the deepest rules that govern knowledge.
No To False Knowledge Brett Hall
- Brett highlights that everything we learn about the world contains some form of error.
- He emphasizes that we can't avoid these errors. The best we can do is try to correct them.
- Brett gives an example of false knowledge in Newtonian physics.
- He touches on the belief that science can uncover true knowledge. The idea of a final theory is another form of false knowledge.
- Brett discusses Carl Popper's philosophy and how it changed science and knowledge.
- Popper provided a relief from the idea that we can achieve a final truth. He believed this idea of a final truth can lead to dogmatism.
- Brett highlights Popper's ideas on how knowledge grows and grapple with philosophy.
The Scientific Method
- The scientific method is in high school science. If you follow it, you will get knowledge about the world.
- Popper criticized the notion of a fixed scientific theory. He pointed out that people begin with theories and knowledge. Science begins when they encounter a problem with their existing theory.
- The job of the scientist is to conjecture an idea and test it. The scientist is helpful in solving business challenges.
- The experiment is used to decide between new and old ideas.
How Knowledge Is Constructed
- Knowledge is constructed through conjecture and criticism.
- He mentions Bayesian Inference Generation as a modern example of this idea. But he notes that it is limited in constructing new knowledge.
- He emphasizes the difference between intelligent systems and intelligent scientists.
- He suggests that the mystery of how people generate guesses remains unsolved. The ability to program artificial general intelligence requires a solution to this problem.
- He highlights the role of criticism in discarding faulty conjecture and creating robust knowledge. It applies to various fields such as science, morality, business, technology, history, and politics.
- Politics view democracy as a form of conjecture and criticism. The purpose of voting is to subject rulers to critical evaluation. Another purpose is to remove them if they are found to be deficient.
Static Versus Dynamic Progress
- Brett discusses the progress of civilization. He attributes its slow progress to the anti-rational movement.
- He argues that the tradition of criticism has allowed for rapid improvement.
- He warns against radical changes to political systems.
Ancient Secrets Of Lead Generation
This eBook has all the steps you would need to launch your business and help you to Generate Leads
Science For Business
- Science can improve product design and development through research and testing. Alternative proteins and new forms of therapy are some examples.
- Use of data and analytics can inform decision-making.
- Application of scientific principles can lead to the development of new and improved products and services. You have to practice the learner mindset.
- Improved knowledge of consumer behavior through scientific research can inform marketing and sales strategies.
- Adoption of new technologies, such as AI and machine learning, can automate processes.
- Scientific research can inform the development of more sustainable business practices. It can reduce the impact on the environment.
- Improving the knowledge of consumer health and safety through scientific research can lead to safer products.
- Science can inform the development of new production methods. It can lead to increased efficiency and savings.
About Brett Hall
Brett Hall is a science genius. He’s got more letters after his name than there are in the alphabet! He has a Bachelor's in Science and Physics with a side of Philosophy and a Master's in Astronomy. He holds a teaching degree, and a certificate in Mathematics. And, to top it all off, for the past 7 years, he's been part of a crew who determine what counts as a good explanation. He's using his superpowers for good by hosting a podcast. He deciphers the difference between a solid explanation and utter BS!
Enjoyed this Episode ?
If you enjoyed the podcast, be sure to subscribe and share it with your friends!
Post a review and share it! If you enjoyed tuning in, then leave us a review. You can also share this with your family and friends.