Today we delve into the insightful world of one of the most ingenious, creative minds in marketing history, Joe Sugarman. Sugarman is infamously known as the mastermind behind the infamous Batman credit card idea that emerged in 1966. Despite the initial failure of the venture, Sugarman's experience serves as a wealth of knowledge for entrepreneurs, innovators and thought leaders. This interview uncovers the art of possibility, resilience and intelligent rule bending in the quest for success. It's crucial for anyone attempting to scale the heights in business and for those seeking to embrace a fresh perspective on overcoming challenges.
Here are the reasons why you should listen to the full interview
Learn how to identify, leverage and navigate through fads for business success.
Discover the importance of persistent determination in the face of failings.
Understand the art of ‘breaking the rules’ effectively and ethically for innovative solutions.
Ancient Secrets Of Lead Generation
This eBook has all the steps you would need to launch your business and help you to Generate Leads
The Success and Failure of the Batman Credit Card
- The inception of the Batman credit card steeped in 1966’s fad culture.
- Quick licensing was achieved due to convincing stakeholders that the card was a short-lived phenomenon.
- Despite owning a quarter of a million Batman credit cards, permission to roll out the card took 12 years.
- Quotable quote: "It was a complete failure. It was certainly the wrong timing."
The Essence of Rule Breaking for Innovation
- Sugarman's time in spy school taught him ways to push boundaries legally.
- Pursuit of efficiency and better experiences should inform rule-breaking
- Quotable quote: "It’s not just about breaking the rules and doing things illegally, it’s always got to be in the best interest of efficiency."
Applying Learnings for Business Growth
- Identify three lessons from each experience.
- Implement the lessons into business within 24 hours.
- Delegate or share knowledge with others as a growth strategy.
- Quotable quote: "Remember, taking action is the secret sauce to results."
stay in the loop
get the latest business, coaching & marketing tips delivered straight to your inbox